We care for our communities
- Gold Fields works with the communities in which it operates and those from whence it draws its employees, ensuring that it makes a positive contribution to the lives of the people living there.
- Our investment in communities ranges from providing schools and education programmes, to equipping people with non-mining portable skills so that they will have employment opportunities beyond the life of our mines. We work closely with our communities to develop programmes and initiatives that are relevant to their needs.
- We have teams of people that monitor the impact our business has on the environment, in order for us to mine sustainably.
- We measure dust and noise levels, water quality, soil quality and do intensive environmental impact assessments.
- We do this to protect the environment for current and future generations.
Click here to read more on sustainable gold mining.
Click here to view the This Is Gold website