Gold Fields' operations and Covid-19
Johannesburg, 17 March 2020: Gold Fields Limited (Gold Fields) (JSE, NYSE: GFI) has adopted a range of risk mitigation strategies amid the escalating Covid-19 (coronavirus) pandemic in all our operating countries.
Our mines continue to operate as normal to date. We are guided by the principle of prioritising the safety and wellbeing of our people and would not hesitate to act should their health be at risk.
We have put numerous measures in place, both at our mines and at our offices, to avoid potential infections and to ensure that any disruptions at our operations are limited.
Among these measures are:
- Strict adherence to country-specific regulations, government decrees and protocols, as and when issued
- Appropriate management structures and protocols have been activated at Group, regional and mine level
- Comprehensive hygiene awareness campaigns at all offices and mines
- Imposition of indefinite business travel bans for all company employees and self-quarantine for employees returning from holiday
- Limiting visits by international consultants and service providers to our offices or mines
- Self-quarantine for any employees displaying flu-like symptoms
- Social distancing of employees, where practical
- Establishing quarantine facilities at our mines
We will review the situation at regular intervals to decide on further actions if required.
We are also currently assessing stocks of critical input materials for our mines and will be adding to our supplies, if possible.
Back to previous page