INVESTORS AND MEDIA In the news
In the news
Fluor to proceed with Gold Fields' Salares Norte project in Chile - Seeking Alpha
Wednesday, 29 July 2020
Back to previous page
- Fluor (NYSE:FLR) says it was given full notice by Gold Fields (NYSE:GFI) to move ahead with the Salares Norte open pit gold mine in Chile.
- Fluor is providing engineering, procurement and construction management services for the project located in northern Chile's Atacama region.
- The company says construction will begin later this year, with completion expected in early 2023.
- When fully operational, the mine is expected to produce an average of 400K oz./year of gold over the anticipated 11-plus year mine life.
- Fluor last week promoted Joe Brennan to CFO following Michael Steuert's decision to retire from the position.
- Now read: NovaGold: Investing In Gold That Is Pre-Buried