OPPORTUNITY: FULL-TIME STUDY BURSARIES
JOB GRADING: NON-GRADED
DEPARTMENT / SHAFT: HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
South Deep Gold Mine is offering an opportunity to self-motivated employees, contractors and community members to study full time at a recognized South African University or University of Technology.
Bursary applicants should:
- Be in possession of a grade 12 certificate with university exemption/entrance.
- Currently a student at a Tertiary Institution and studying towards qualification relevant to Gold Fields specified fields.
- Successful candidates for this scheme must meet acceptance criteria and provided written proof of acceptance from the institution for the chosen qualification of study at a University or University of Technology.
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk based medical examination at the relevant Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre.
Fields of study
- Mining Engineering
- Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Mineral Survey
- Environmental Management
- Rock Engineering
- Human Resources
- Sustainable Development
Applicants are encouraged to email their detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter clearly stating which learner opportunity they are applying for:
Telephone: 011 411 1798
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo psychometric evaluation as part of the selection process. Successful applicants will be required to sign a training contract for the duration of the training programme. The training contract is not a contract of employment. Preference will be given to learners residing in the South Deep Host Communities and Labour Sending Areas as well as female applicants.
NB: South Deep Gold Mine does not endorse or tolerate any Fraud, Bribery, Corruption or Job selling. Please report such instances anonymously to: Tips-offs Anonymous 0800 203 711 or send an email to Goldfields@tip-offs.com
NOTE: Your manager should be aware of and support your application. Pre-screening and psychometric evaluation may form part of the selection process. Short listed candidates will be requested to attend a panel interview.
Applicants who receive no response to their applications within 14 days may consider their application for the position to be unsuccessful.